Sunday, June 12, 2011

baby...baby...baby oooooh...

My 10-year-old tweener got invited to her friend's birthday party and since I happen to adore this friend of hers, I offered to make birthday cupcakes for her.

My daughter told me her friend LOVES Justin Bieber (what tweener doesn't?).  She says her friend has 5 posters and all 3 albums of the Biebs...the Biebs has 3 albums out???  Really?

So I made chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting, topped with JB inspired cupcake toppers.





I LOVED making the tiny guitar and microphone but most of my time was spent on trying to perfect the Bieber hair.  It took me THREE tries to get the Biebs hair just right...and I still wasn't 100% happy with the hair.  I just couldn't get the combover right!  I wanted to chuck this hair piece and start with a fresh new combover however working with fondant at 1 o'clock in the morning with droopy eyes wasn't the best idea. 

Anyway the birthday girl still loved her cupcakes and everybody still loved the not-so-perfect Bieber combover! 

1 comment:

  1. awww! it still looks perfectly good.....perfectly good to eat! lol

    ReplyDelete